12.12.12

it's MINE


After pondering, for what seemed a lifetime, over the question:
"What is the meaning of life?"
I'd finally come to a conclusion and settled on it:
"To live."

Sometimes we are trying so hard to find the answer that we deny the possibility of the simplest answer being the right one. Often though, the simple answer is the correct one.

So ask me,
"What is the meaning of life?"
I'll reply,
"To live."

After looking at the the larger picture and realizing that no one's life truly matters to the world, I had come to believe that life was meaningful-- because people gave it meaning-- but it was pointless because nothing will last-- for you-- after you die.
So if my life is meaningful but, also technically, pointless, what exactly am i supposed to do with it? Racking my brain for an answer, many years passed by until I spontaneously answered one day with, "To live."
I thought over this answer and observed its simplicity. I really liked it. It's vague and leaves much room for interpretation, but that's what makes it so great. Some people don't appreciate the simplicity, but that's okay too; people have unique opinions and they are entitled to them. However, I think that a broad answer is like the base of a tree, or the roots, and opinions can branch off or it could be seen as the center of a web with ideas spun around it.
My point though is that we spend too much of our lives wasting time thinking about this and that, and may even be productive in doing so, but it won't necessarily be satisfying. And for clarity, I repeat that it won't "necessarily be satisfying," because some people likely have different views.
In my view, I see living one's life as doing things that one can treasure in one's lifetime. Because we do not have enough knowledge of what occurs to the mind after death, I believe that it's best to do things that truly satisfy us in our lifetime.
So what exactly is universally truly satisfying if people have unique tastes? I don't know. You tell me. All I can say with, yes, much bias, is that I see true satisfaction as doing something that satisfies you. Of course, this does not mean I agree with criminal acts but I can't say anything further on immorality, because I believe it only exists by human means.

[Interjection] In the history of humanity, we have seen much chaos and immorality. In the present time, it is of course apparent as well-- but with the bad things come their opposites, the good things. Such is life.

Struggling with what seemed to be a need to know what was right or wrong and real or fake, I pondered over it until I came upon *my* answer.

According to social science studies, my beliefs were a development based on the experiences I had over the course of my life, from since I was born to the present (and it will continue into the future as I am influenced by several factors).

So my belief, stemming from my life experiences, is:
"To live means to satisfy oneself in the lifetime one currently knows"
and *my*-- emphasis on the my-- way to satisfaction is:
"Bringing joy to people's lives-- even if only momentarily"

Some people think, "That's nice,"
and others think, "You're just doing it self-satisfaction,"
and I agree with the latter. I am doing things for self-satisfaction because that is the way of life I know. I won't be hypocritical about this at least. Why should I? It's the answer I have for the meaning of my life. To lie would be to deny, and that would altogether undermine the purpose of going through the process of finding it.

It's not that I don't appreciate a comment like "That's nice," but realistically, I know that the kindness perceived by others is truly only my means of self-satisfaction.

Maybe people think that's wrong, and I'm still in conflict with myself. Even so, I think it's better to give the truth when it matters most to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment